As humans, we have always used stories to convey our history, purpose, and future. The one thing that people often lack is the ability to persuasively help their communities and wider societies to imagine, embrace, and actualize a new future. In business, storytelling is a powerful tool that can be utilized for the purpose of internal and external communication, collaboration, and marketing.
This course introduces participants to the ‘7 Powers of Story’ and how to effectively draw upon these powers to become a formidable, persuasive leader who can effectively engage communities to embrace the changes needed to create a more sustainable world.
What You Will Learn
- Recognize the role of ‘story’ as the hidden language of the imagination.
- Learn how to develop a brand story that transcends your organization’s brand.
- Master the art of storytelling to develop your personal brand and become an effective leader.
- Understand the ‘seven powers of story’ needed to transport, communicate, enable learning, create meaning, transform, unite, and envision possibilities.
- Develop the ability to help people embrace change persuasively.
Soft Skills Acquisition
Creativity, Problem Solving, Social Influence, Critical Thinking, and Leadership
Meet the instructor
Richard Stone is a globally recognized speaker on the power of storytelling and its application to business, healthcare, and education. He has over 25 years of experience in developing story-based programs for team building and leadership development. He is also the author of ‘Story Intelligence: Master Story, Master Life’. Rick is the Chief Executive Officer of StoryWork International, the Executive Vice President for Story and Design at Dewey’s Bakery, and the co-chair of PCI Media Impact, an international organization located in New York City that is committed to improving health, environmental, and social justice outcomes around the world using the power of story.
Richard has served as the StoryAnalytics Master for the IDEAS Innovation team (a former division of the Walt Disney Company). He has also worked with organizations such as Walt Disney Imagineering, Hewlett Packard, Kraft Foods, and Novant Health. Rick also co-created the award-winning board game Pitch-A-Story and is an accomplished artist and photographer.