BMGA is an educational technology finishing school for the future of work.
We deliver capacity-building programs designed to equip professionals with the transformational soft skills required for a successful career in the 21st century. Through BMGA Foundation, which is our primary philanthropic arm, we have deployed initiatives that narrow the gender skills gap across the world and address challenges that limit women from being active contributors to the GDP of their immediate environments.
Our team comprises high-functional and cross-functional excellent minds who strive to achieve our ambitious goal of ensuring that professionals are adequately equipped with the right skills to compete in the global business environment.
We are looking for an experienced Product/IT Manager to work as part of a talented team, driving forward product performance and feature development in line with the organization’s needs.
The Product/IT Manager will successfully lead the development of a set of website and learning platform features to support critical customer journeys; from purchase, registration and on-boarding, through to completion. This position provides the right candidate with the unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic organization that is reshaping and redefining the concept of capacity building globally.
- Manage product lifecycle including initial conceptualization, development, launch, maintenance and sunsetting products.
- Define, manage and achieve quarterly product roadmap, KPIs, and OKRs based on BMGA’s objectives and product vision.
- Research existing and upcoming features across market sectors, create business requirements for new features and tests to ensure product deployment
- Prioritise and deliver a backlog of improvements with the team, which remove pain points and contribute towards a superlative customer experience.
- Communicate with cross-functional stakeholders to gather requirements, create mapsites, build demos and conduct user testing.
- Understand customers’ needs to ensure that our products are user-friendly and meet market demand.
- Regularly update and fine-tune existing and new product management processes.
- Educated to degree level with relevant certifications in Information Technology, Computer Science, Project Management, or other related fields. Knowledge of WordPress, Learndash, and other Learning Management Systems is a plus.
- 3-5 years of work experience in developing or managing tech-based products with software, design, app development, and/or a business background. Be willing to share a portfolio with references, showcasing prior work done in developing or managing tech-based products.
- Strong analytical and IT skills. Proficiency in building or managing the development of mobile applications and websites with an understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Strong project management skills and an agile approach to product management.
- Keen interest in global tech trends with a passionate love for technology.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously with high-quality standards and great attention to detail.
- Grace under pressure to meet deadlines with an ability to navigate ambiguous situations or directions by asking thoughtful and meaningful questions.
- Ability to quickly grasp the range of complex issues and multi-task across a range of projects with constantly shifting priorities.
- Ability to lead, work, and communicate with a diverse group of people of various nationalities and cultural backgrounds. Experience with global and international organizations is a plus.
- Strong and professional verbal/written communication skills with fluency in writing and speaking English language.
- Great sense of humour and willingness to genuinely laugh with the team.
- Leadership – Ability to independently prioritize duties, and coordinate with a growing team in a fast-paced working environment.
- Innovation – Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives that result in improvement of BMGA’s marketability.
- Accountability – Holds self-accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for the success of BMGA. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviours, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
- Service Excellence – Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes and techniques.
- Effective Communication (Oral and Written) – Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviours.
- Strategic Thinking: Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for marketability while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision-making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable plans and results for the organization.
Summary of Benefits:
- BMGA is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer a dynamic and inclusive work environment which supports our employees as they work to improve the lives of people throughout the world.
- BMGA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.
Level: Mid-level Management
Employment Type: Contract
Application Deadline: Friday, 09 September 2022
Start Date: Tuesday, 04 October 2022